Case Studies – Learn From the Unfortunate Experiences of Others
We are most fortunate anytime we have the opportunity to learn from the misjudgments of others and not through personal experiences. Business Fraud: From Trust To Betrayal is loaded with behind the scenes analysis of actual case histories revealing what went wrong and illustrating how this costly crime can easily occur inside of even the most unsuspecting operation.
The truth is you cannot defeat internal fraudsters if you are unfamiliar as to where and how they play their game of deceit and betrayal—you fail to know where your operation’s greatest risks and vulnerabilities are—or you fail to have enough knowledge to develop and implement a realistic anti-fraud action plan.
Benjamin Franklin once said, “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”
Case Studies to Read:
- Case #1: Multiple Missteps Cost This Government Agency $2.4 Million
- Case #2: Payroll & Credit Card Scheme Proves Costly To Small Business Firm
- Case #3: “Tipster’s” Alertness Led To Demise of Church Fraudster
- Case #4: Misplaced Trust Can Be Devastating
- Case #5: Scouts Honor—No Organization is Immune
- Case #6: Embezzlement Now—Bankruptcy Later?
- Case #7: Vendor Conspiracy Fraud
- Case #8: Past History – Predictor of Future Behavior
- Case #9: High Flying Fraudster
- Case #10: Half-Million Dollar School Scam