Knowledge is Power
- Internal fraud and embezzlement losses are enormous. Estimated losses to U.S. businesses exceed $500 billion annually.
- Hundreds of criminal cases confirm that no organization—from the smallest to the very largest—is immune. These crimes are happening everywhere!
- The greater majority of internal fraud incidents are exposed by accident or from information provided by a tipster, and not through the actions of an auditor, investigator, or accountant.
- One in every three-business failures is the direct result of internal fraud and theft.
- Unqualified trust causes an overwhelming number of businesses to fail because management naively assumes that their individual operation is immune to fraud and embezzlement.
- The staggering truth is, whenever one of these costly and oftentimes devastating crimes occurs, there is a high probability that some manager or supervisor failed to prevent it.
Something is seriously wrong with the ways businesses are fighting internal fraud:
- Total annual internal fraud and embezzlement losses are astronomical. You don’t get such huge numbers unless the control and preventive processes are drastically flawed.
- It is common in these cases for several years to elapse between the time the initial criminal act took place and the day of the scheme’s discovery.
- Businesses make a huge mistake anytime they rely primarily on their auditors or security staff to keep their workplace free from fraud and embezzlement.
- Many managers do not have adequate knowledge regarding how acts of internal fraud and embezzlement occur and what preventive measures work best within their workplace.
Internal fraud could be happening in your place of work right now . . .
But how would you know? That is the question, is it not?
The Danger Zone
Experience shows that 90-95 percent of fraud-producing failures are the fault of those in charge. They simply do not have the knowledge to understand and deal with this problem.
How about you? Do you know . . . REALLY know the answer to each of the below questions? If not, this book is a must read!
Do you know:
- that trust—when wrongly bestowed has destroyed literally thousands of businesses throughout the U.S.?
- the six most devastating fraud-risk mistakes made by management?
- what warning signals to look for and how to react when you spot one?
- which three factors consistently create the greatest fraud risks in any operation?
The Bottom-Line—Solutions That Work
The crimes of business fraud and embezzlement are preventable. This book will provide you with most of the knowledge, skills, and methods you need to become successful in reducing the risk of internal fraud within your organization. As an added bonus, a unique Internal Fraud Risk Assessment Survey will help measure your operation’s risk to internal fraud and embezzlement and point out areas in need of special attention.
Benjamin Franklin once said, “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”
Order your copy of Business Fraud: From Trust to Betrayal now.